The Martha’s Vineyard Figure Skating Club is off to a great start this season! Our Learn to Skate programs are flourishing, our Bridge program is growing and our Freestyle skaters are preparing for a winter filled with exciting skating events. This week our freestyle skaters have a test session with US Figure Skating Officials. The girls have worked hard – please join us in wishing them luck!
The first series of Learn to Skate classes will end Saturday December 14 with a fun Holiday Skate for all those that participated this series. Please join us for our annual Holiday Exhibition is Sunday December 15 at 2:30 PM. Admission is free and we are certain you will hear one of your favorite holiday tunes.
Our programs offer open enrollment, so please reach out to Jane Taylor for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 508.685.7308
This week’s exciting events in photos:
Freestyle skaters practicing make-up for the Ice Show after watching the Grand Prix of China competition.
Bridge class during an Artistry in Motion class.
Learn to Skate class making pineapples on the ice with the new skills they learned.
We just finished a successful Yankee Candle fundraiser. Look for us at the MV 20 Miler Road Race manning the first water station at Mile 4 and for our online auction later in the winter. We thank everyone for their continued support of our club.
Jane Elizabeth Taylor
Figure Skating Professional
PSA Rated & Ranked
What events are happening at your ice arena?
- Public Skating is every Tuesday & Thursday @ 12:00 PM till 2:00 PM , then again on Saturday & Sunday @ 3:30 PM till 4:50 PM.
- Girls Hockey (the Ospreys) skate Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 7:00 PM…ages 9 – 14 are welcomed!
- Adult Hockey League every Thursday evening @ 9:00 PM and 10:10 PM.
- Instructionals (Learn to Play Hockey) for Mites Thursday @ 4:00 PM (November 14th & 21st) and each Saturday in November @10:30 PM.
- Open Stick-handling takes place each Tuesday @ 4:00 PM until the end of November. Bring your helmet, stick and a puck.
- The Pro Shop (Sports Haven) hours are posted on the home page of the Martha’s Vineyard Arena each week.